The Texas Karate Tournament will be held on Sunday, April 15th in Houston
JERSEY VILLAGE HIGH SCHOOL
*All Dallas & Housotn area students are invited to attend!
*Registration fee is $10.00
*Events are $10.00 per event entered
*$4.00/person Spectator Fee, ages 9 and older
The events are fun and easy to understand. Your instructor will show you exactly what to do in class. Each event will also be explained in detail at the tournament. Events will be split according to age, size and/or belt rank depending on the event. It’s a great experience you won’t want to miss! This is a great opportunity for all Karate students - fun day and gives students a platform to demonstrate/perform the techniques and martial arts skills they have learned in class.
Session #1 - Open to All White & Yellow Belt Students
Registraiton: 9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
9:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - White & Yellow Belt Tournament
Session #2 - Open to All Green Belts & Above
Registration: 12:30 - 1:15 p.m.
1:15 - 6:30 p.m. Green Belts & Above Tournament
Trophies & Olympic-style Medals Awarded
ALL contestants will be given an award in each event they participate in!
ALL CONTESTANTS WILL BE AWARDED A PARTICIPATION TROPHY!
Arguing with the judges, directors, etc. will account for immediate disqualification from this AND future tournaments!
Students who are “Pre-Registered” online will NOT have to wait in line the day of the event. We will have a special “Online Registration” check-in for these students!
Day of Registration : Students can register for the Tournament the day of - during the “Registration Time” scheduled for your specific belt rank. On site parents/guardians can pay with a credit card, check or cash.
Please be ON TIME for event registration, as the Tournament will begin on time and we don’t want anyone missing out on the first few events!
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL MIDNIGHT the WEDNESDAY prior to the event~
Tournament Order of Events
- STRONGEST PUNCH: Contestants will have three chances to punch a “Meter” bag that measures their power. Use any hand strike taught in class. Only hand strikes will be allowed – NO elbow strikes.
- STRONGEST KICK: Contestants will have three chances to kick a meter bag. Use any kick taught in class. You will have up to five feet of distance from the bag. Only foot techniques allowed– NO knee kicks. No Shoes Allowed!
- FASTEST FIST: Contestants in each age group will have three chances to strike a “meter” bag that measures their reaction speed. Use any hand strike taught in class.
- FASTEST KICK: Contestants in each age group will have three chances to strike a “meter” bag that measures their reaction speed. Use any kick strike taught in class. Only foot techniques allowed – NO knee kicks. No Shoes Allowed.
- ESCAPE DRILL: Contestants will be timed individually and “break free” from four different “stranger dangers” applying different grabs: 1) Single-hand grab 2) Double-hand grab 3) Front choke 4) Rear choke. Be sure you use the “proper” release technique learned in class to break free from each grab. The contestants who use the proper techniques and break free the “quickest” are the winners. Blue and above belts will additionally be striking shields during this event. Your instructor will give you the details in class!
- CRAZY ATTACK: 10 second multi-target event.
- KATA: Open to green belt & above students only. Do any kata learned in class—judged same as Walk with Danger; will be split according to age AND belt color.
- STAFF / WEAPONS KATA: Open to blue belt & and above students only. Judged same as Walk with Danger.
- SPARRING: Open to yellow belt & above students only, for those who participate in “sparring” class. This event is split according to age AND belt*.
*Please Note: STUDENTS MUST WEAR THEIR OWN CHEST GEAR, HEAD GEAR, HAND PADS, FOOTPADS, MOUTH GUARD & CUP. Orange belts & above are required to have their own headgear with face protection! Read the Sparring Rules & Regulations! Students without proper sparing gear will be disqualified. Orange & above must have face and head gear.
We plan to host a Karate Tournament in the Spring 2017 Semester, currently this event is tentative
*The Tournament will take place in Houston, TX.
*Houston & Dallas students will be eligible to attend!
Save the Tentative Date: Sunday, April 8th
Registration continues for the first three weeks for all programs.
If you missed the first week of registration, call our office or look up your class times on our website.
*Please register 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
*Coaches and Instructors will have required items available at class for purchase.