Coaches break down these techniques using our exclusive curriculum, which reinforces skill-building through exciting drills and plays. ACTIVSTARS Soccer promotes better coordination, endurance, leadership and teamwork both on and off the field. Skills are put to the test during scrimmages, games, and special events such as the Desert Cup Tournament (selected semesters).
ACTIVSTARS Soccer Philosophy
ACTIVSTARS believes in bringing the fun and fundamentals back into the game of soccer. Unlike many sports organization which focus and pressure the players to compete, we do not focus on winning or losing. Our coaches will always promote a positive soccer environment in which kids can enjoy the game and continue to enhance their soccer ability.
PracticeTimes & Fees
Practices are scheduled in 50 minute class sessions. Fall and Spring practices and games are scheduled on Saturdays only. There are no obligations for students and parents during the weekdays. Each semester is about 12-14 weeks in duration. Parents can pay weekly or prepay for the full season. Classes are only $9.00 per week!
There are times when we may have to cancel class due to holiday, school conflict or bad weather. If possible, a note is handed out the week prior informing you of the cancellation. Should you miss a class, please call the ACTIVSTARS office (480-603-3780) to make sure there is no change in the class schedule. Class cancellation due to bad weather will be determined the day of class by your coach
In case the field is flooded upon arrival, class will be moved to an alternate site on the school grounds or to a nearby site. Generally, a sign will be posted at the field directing students and parents to the alternate site. In some instances you may be called directly by your instructor or a class secretary.
- All students having perfect attendance will receive a soccer medal! Should your child miss a class, the following week he/she can stay for two lessons, back to back. All “make-up” lessons must be paid for.
- Soccer uniforms for games are available for sale at practices from the beginning of the season. The uniform is also available at a discounted rate at our seasonal Skills Challenge clinic early in the season. No refunds are given for apparel that has been worn by students.
- Students are required to bring their own water to practice every week. ACTIVSTARS does have a soccer water bottle available for purchase for $7.00.
- RESTROOMS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE AT SOCCER SITES. Have students use the restroom prior to coming to practice.
- SAFETY IS OUR # 1 PRIORITY! Please “hand escort” your child to and from the field. No students are allowed to leave the field without a parent. Parents must come to the field for pick-up. Exceptions to this rule apply only if a parent signs a Walker Release Form giving the student permission to walk to & from class without an adult. Please be on time for pick-up!
- Parents are invited to stay and watch the practices and games. Spectators must respect the coach and referee. Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in being banished from future practices and games. Please understand this is for your child’s own benefit. It provides for a better learning atmosphere. We want to maintain a fun and POSITIVE atmosphere.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer as a “Parent Helper”. Two or three volunteers are needed for each class to assist the coach. Only “Parent Helpers” will be allowed to help with the team practices. Please sign the “Parent Helper” release at the check-in table each week if you are interested. Knowledge of soccer is NOT necessary.
Regular Session Games
The last 6-8 weeks of the semester are scheduled season games, which will be played at a centralized site against other ACTIVSTARS classes in the area. Game schedules will be handed out at class a couple weeks prior to the start of games.In rare cases teams may have double headers or extra practices scheduled due to the amount of teams in your child’s age division. ACTIVSTARS coaches will not focus on keeping score at regular scheduled games since their focus will be on referring the games in a positive learning environment. Games are viewed as additional opportunities for coaches to teach players elements of the game in action, even when it is a player of the “opposing team.” At the end of each semester everyone is a winner and will receive a soccer trophy!