Jump Back to the Action:
ActivStars Cheer News
FALL 2023 State Cheer Competition
***TEXAS CHEER STATE COMPETITION***
***SAVE THE DATE***
Sunday, January 21, 2024
CYPRESS RIDGE High School
7900 N. Eldridge Parkway, Houston
STATE CHEER COMPETITION
Athletes will perform their spring competition routines in front of an audience of spectators/supporters!
ALL cheer athletes are invited to participate in the competition with their team. Teams will compete against other athletes of the same age/team and skill level.
Each cheer team will be presenting FUN, ENERGETIC, & ENTERTAINING cheer dance routine in front of a small audience, parent supporters! Athletes will perform the routine they have been learning & polishing at team practices!
All athletes will earn an exclusive cheer medal & will be competing for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & runner-up placement pins in their division, category and group!
While at the event, athletes will stay with their coach and teammates the entire time. Additional (pre-selected) Parent Helpers/Adults will be assisting the coach with the team(s). As a standard with our program attention to safety of students will be a top priority!
- All participants are required to:
- Wear their ACTIVSTARS team uniform for the event.
- Have their team poms as well as white tennis shoes/sneakers.
- If you do not have a team uniform or poms, CLICK HERE to shop for yours!
*Don't forget orders can take up to 7 business days to arrive, so order early!
Sunday, January 21, 2024
Cypress Ridge High School in Houston, TX
Online On-Time Registration: $48/athlete
Day-Of Registration, LATE Reg, accepted for $60/athlete
What to Bring:
IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT send athletes with jackets, bags, cell phones, personal items, or water bottles for this event. (We will have water on site.)
**Upon drop-off on-site, athletes must be performance ready with their mask on and poms in hand, to expedite the drop-off process.
Students must be equipped with
- Special Team Props (if applicable)
Spectator Rules of Conduct:
- We DO NOT allow air horns or helium balloons at our events.
- We ask that all spectators bring only water inside the main gym.
- Dismissal for all athletes will be at the conclusion of the team performances per session.
- Parents are not permitted in the practice rotation area if they are not volunteering as a Parent Helper.
Kids benefit in big ways from our programs
"We love the different levels, and our star looks forward to each semester where she gets to learn something new. Pom tryouts were a nice touch."
"The best thing any young cheerleader can do to get ready for their school’s cheerleading tryouts."
"Big emphasis on teamwork and fun, which you don’t find in many programs. Thank you for being so inclusive."